Healthcare costs are on the rise making it a challenge to provide an attractive benefit package to your employees. A Health Savings Account (HSA) from State Bank & Trust Co. combined with a High Deductible Health Plan from your insurance provider can reduce healthcare costs, and provide a tax-advantaged, lifetime medical savings account for your employees.
Benefits of Owning a HSA
You and your employees will pay less for insurance premiums and can share healthcare benefit costs if enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP).
We work directly with your employees to set-up and manage the account so it will be seamless for your company.
Contributions can be made by your business or the employee. If your business contributes, it must do so in equal amounts to all employees.
HSAs are an easy way to provide added value to your benefits package that will attract new and retain current employees.
There are potential tax benefits; consult your tax advisor for details.
State Bank & Trust HSA Features
- No Set Up Fee
- Interest Earned Monthly with a Tiered Rate
- Free 1st Debit Card
- 2nd Debit Card $15.00
- Free Online Statements
- Free Online Access
- Semi-Annual Maintenance Fee $5
How to get started:
- Contact your insurance provider about a HSA-qualifying High Deductible Health Plan.
- Determine if you will be contributing to your employees' HSAs. Direct deposit is available.
- Arrange an orientation session for your employees with a State Bank & Trust Co. HSA expert.
- Employees visit State Bank & Trust Co. and set-up their accounts or apply online.