SBT News Release: COVID-19
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 17, 2020
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Stephen McGill, President & CEO
515-382-2191 or email@example.com
State Bank & Trust Co. Limited Access
For more than 80 years, State Bank & Trust Co has lived by a core value of being Community Focused. This enduring value guides us as we face the difficult challenge of responding to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), which the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a pandemic last week.
The safety and security of our clients, staff and communities is always our top priority. We will pull together and rally our team to protect you and your finances during the rapidly evolving Coronavirus situation. You can count on us to keep you informed and offer tools and resources to help you navigate the current environment.
We are still here working to minimize potential disruptions to our clients and we appreciate your patience as we protect your health and safety.
As a precautionary measure, all transactions will be handled electronically or through our drive-up starting on Wednesday, March 18 until further notice. Please call 515-382-2191 first, if you need to access your safe deposit box, open a new account, or schedule an appointment with a banker.
Here’s what State Bank & Trust Co is doing:
- We are continuously receiving and reviewing updates on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from state health departments, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- We are providing regular communications to our employees to keep them informed and ensure they have the resources they need to remain healthy while also serving the needs of our clients.
- We have confirmed that each of our critical vendor partners has a comprehensive business continuity plan designed to ensure ongoing, reliable service.
- We have enhanced our bank cleaning efforts.
Here’s what you can do:
- Learn more about our digital banking options and resources that enable you to do your banking almost anywhere at any time.
- Use your SBT debit card rather than handling cash.
- Utilize mobile payment options such as Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay and P2P payment options.
- Locate ATMs near you, including hours of operation and operational status.
- Monitor our Resources Center for updates.
We will continue to evaluate the situation. Updates and information will continue to be posted on the State Bank & Trust Co website or Facebook page.