Buying a Home
You are looking at taking the next big step in your life and are thinking about purchasing a home. There are many steps that you need to take before you start looking and purchasing a home. Here are a few tips for when you begin the search!
- Save and determine what you can personally afford for a down payment. Usually 20% is an ideal down payment.
Know Your Credit Score
- Know your credit score and make sure that your credit history is healthy.
Find a Mortgage Lender
- Contact a State Bank & Trust Co. Mortgage Lender.
- Get prequalified. Fill out an application form and see how much you are prequalified for so that you have an idea of your available purchase amount.
- Keep in mind that you must also have funds to close on the deal.
Find a Realtor
- Find a knowledgeable realtor in your area
- Start house hunting
- Compare prices in your area
Know the expenses of owning a home
Real Estate Taxes
- State Bank & Trust Co. Mortgage
- Mortgage Loan Calculator
- Be sure to have a home inspection done prior to purchasing a home